Designed for AmeriCorps State Service Commissions or large AmeriCorps programs to train Program Directors and staff on how to successfully manage the latter part of the AmeriCorps member’s term and retain members until their exit date.
This is a blended learning educational module. It includes a live virtual workshop component (45-60 minutes) as well as an asynchronous learning component. This approach responds to the needs of Program Directors to have:
1) Less screen time
2) Flexibility for when and how they learn
3) Templates and resources so they can learn by doing and keep the work they create to use in future cycles
Title for Virtual Workshop component: Surviving Exit Fever
The final months of an AmeriCorps member’s term can be a fruitful time for reflection and growth. However, with the excitement and anxiety of exiting service, members commonly make mistakes or leave things hanging. I call this Exit Fever. Take a moment to prepare for the remainder of your member’s term to make sure it is meaningful, productive, and a smooth transition.
– A facilitator outline and training template for Life After AmeriCorps programming that Program Directors may use with members
– An exit interview template
– An audio or video segment with relatable stories about members struggling with Exit Fever and how the Program Director addressed their challenges