Designed for AmeriCorps State Service Commissions or large AmeriCorps programs to train Program Directors and staff on how to successfully manage their relationships with the partners who host the AmeriCorps members.
This is a blended learning educational module. It includes a live virtual workshop component (45-60 minutes) as well as an asynchronous learning component. This approach responds to the needs of Program Directors to have:
1) Less screen time
2) Flexibility for when and how they learn
3) Templates and resources so they can learn by doing and keep the work they create to use in future cycles
Title for Virtual Workshop component: Partner Site Relationships – Managing When You Have No Authority
You are responsible for managing relationships with sites, sub-sites or site supervisors (or all three!). You may have no authority over an Executive Director at a nonprofit in your community, but if they are your partner and will be supervising an AmeriCorps member, you can be held responsible for their actions. Managing partner site relationships can be scary and overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. It is also terrifying to put the outcomes of your grant in the hands of a partner that you have no direct control over. How do you ensure that they will supervise AmeriCorps members in accordance with federal regulations? And what about the member experience? In this session, we will learn from case studies of successful multi-site programs and discuss strategies for developing strong partner site relationships.
– An audio segment that shares relatable stories from working with partner sites and the importance of navigating those important but tricky relationships
– A customizable Excel spreadsheet for tracking members based on potential red flags and challenges at partner sites
– A checklist of practical ways that Program Directors can improve relationships and compliance with host sites